At times when your flat roof is leaking or on the verge of falling apart, stay calm and be patient. You want to find a trusted and qualified flat roofing contractor to perform the repairs or replacement. It is always better to get the job done right the first time. Here are some qualities to look for and questions to ask.
Flat Roofing Expertise
- How long has the flat roofing contractor been in the commercial roofing industry?
- Do they specialize in commercial and industrial flat roofing?
- How many projects have they completed in your area?
- What kind of training do their staff undergo?
- Are they licensed, bonded and insured?
- Do they have a federal tax identification number?
- Do they have a permanent business address with a working telephone number?
- Can they provide you with certificates of insurance that cover worker’s compensation and liability?
- Do they use manufacturer-warranted materials?
- Do they offer warranties on their workmanship?
- Do they follow local and provincial building and safety regulations?
- Do they use state-of-art equipment?
- Can they give you samples of their previous works similar to the project you want done?
- Can they provide you with multiple references?
- How does their rate compare to other flat roofing contractors?
- Can they match estimates?
- Are you getting value for your money?
Your flat roof is one of the most important investments, so finding a trusted flat roofing contractor is essential to know that your flat roof is in good hands.