TPO roofing is a singly ply system based on advanced polymerization technology that combine the durability and weatherproof properties of ethylene-propylene rubber with the heat-weldable capability of polypropylene. TPO membranes will not host mildew, bacteria or algae, keeping reflectivity high, helping to reduce air conditioning loads and the urban heat island effect. TPO roofing systems come in wide sheets to help make installation faster and easier on new roof installations, flat roof replacements and re-roofing applications, resulting in fewer seams and less material.
Pros and Cons of TPO Roofing Systems
- Economical at a reasonable cost
- Latest technologies enable all colours of TPO roofing membranes to be UV resistant
- TPO resists mold growth, dirt accumulation, tears impact and punctures.
- Ease of installation translates into direct savings in installation costs
- Energy Efficient – keeps the interior thermally comfortable on hot summer days while reducing your air conditioning costs.
- Young roofing technology means questionable longevity
- Noted to have an issue of accelerated weathering when subjected to high thermal or solar loading
We value our clients and believe in 100% customer satisfaction. Call 416-855-0549 today for a free, no-obligation estimate on your next flat roofing project.